Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

On reaching targets

Training

I walked 9 miles this weekend. Not without a few stops, but still, 9 miles in one day. I know that for some people that doesn’t seem much of an achievement, but for me, that’s something I never thought I’d be able to say. I still haven’t done 10 miles, but, as J said, we have to leave ourselves something to aim for.

I was still ‘testing out’ the leg, so we chose somewhere fairly flat. Pretty villages in East Yorkshire, across bright yellow fields, under a bright blue sky, for suddenly, we had hot weather. Idyllic, as we often say on our walks.

Of course, we did have coffee before we started, lunch in the village of Kilham, and afternoon tea at Burton Agnes Hall. Having completed the ‘walking’ part of the walk (7 miles) in under 3 hours, we felt we needed to top it up with a little more walking, so headed home, and then did another two miles round another village, before finishing at a pub.

I’m still thinking those refreshments stops are going to be essential on 20 June* though.

Diet update

You might remember I set myself a target back in March. To lose another half stone before the end of May. And then things went a little quiet, because I was working away a lot, and eating out, and basically nothing was really shifting. This wasn’t helped by a four course Chinese banquet the other week, so I really had to set my mind to it to reach my target, and didn’t think I was going to.

However…when I got weighed on Sunday, I’d made it. I’ve lost a stone since I started in February. Admittedly, that’s only 3.5lbs a month, but it’s still half a stone down on this time last year.

For my next target, it’s another half stone, ideally before my holiday in July. A tough one this, as it’s only about 6 weeks, but I’ll try, for I’m bound to put weight on when away. And then that’s it, I’ll have reached my target.

*If you haven't sponsored me yet, it's only three weeks away. Here's the link

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home