Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Three Years on - a slightly belated birthday blog

On 16 April 2006, Easter Sunday as it was that year, I started this blog. I didn’t know what I’d be saying, and I didn’t know how long I’d keep it up for, but I wanted somewhere to post my thoughts.

Three years on, and much has changed, but then again, a lot hasn’t. I’ve found that when I’m at my busiest, I write less, so significant events go by without a record on here, whilst more trivial things warrant a post.

97 entries, by far and away the most, are tagged ‘theatre’, so no surprises there. However there are more entries tagged ‘David Tennant’ (29) than there are ‘musicals’ (25)! There are only 12 ‘Griffins’, and 3 ‘Fox’s’. What I definitely didn’t anticipate when I started this was the 34 entries which are tagged ‘walking’!

I started off not intending to talk about work, and still try to keep away from it, yet it has crept in and tags 21 entries.

There are 22 Reality TVs, 20 Strictly’s, and Gethin Jones (16) is tagged more than John Barrowman (12).

What does this say about me? Quite a lot, I think. Basically, that I don’t change that much. I still love theatre, I still get crazy obsessions, some of which last longer than others, and I still find work frustrating, and stressful a lot of the time. Looking back, though, I’m very grateful for all the fabulous things I’ve managed to do, and even more grateful for the good friends who’ve shared them with me.

For those who read this, thank you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home