Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Training update

Having been in considerable pain at the start of the week*, I asked our MD at work for some advice on my leg, thinking he might suggest strapping it up, or exercises.

‘Rest’
‘Anything else? It has to be better in six week’
‘Oh, it’ll be better in six weeks’

Very useful, I must say. By the end of the week, however, it wasn’t causing me as much pain, so I ventured to the supermarket in flatter shoes**. Not too bad.

So today I set off on a day out, which involved a 3 mile walk as part of it. It was, as promised, pretty much all downhill, which didn’t put much strain on it. I took it steady, and was ok. We managed the three miles in not much more than an hour, so we’re not doing too bad, I think.

I now need to start building up again from next weekend, but still taking it carefully. I really wish they’d tell us what route we’ll be walking, so I can check it out on a map.

*I acknowledge I am being a drama queen over this.
**Bizarrely, because I did it when walking uphill, and extending the muscle, I was able to wear the killer heels last night with no problems.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home