Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The training continues

I’ve been trying to get a few walks in recently, though it’s been difficult as I’ve been away quite a bit, and of course, there was Easter. However, since the foggy walk of a few weeks ago, we’ve had some glorious weather, quite perfect for Spring walking, and we’ve been to Bolton Castle and Aysgarth, and today to Coxwold and Husthwaite. We even managed to fit in a three mile walk in Scarborough on Friday morning*. We’re also trying to gradually increase the distances we do. Of course, we’re nowhere near 10 miles yet, (up to 6-7 miles actually) but, despite my thinking it was never going to happen, I’m finding myself almost on schedule with my training for June. No, I can’t believe it either!

Of course, this is all fuelled by tea shops and frequent stops. I’m still not sure how we’ll be when we try and walk a longer distance without a tea shop or a pub in the middle. We’ll need to carry more with us, but I’m still hoping it will be possible for someone to provide tea and cake halfway round.

Over the next few weeks, we aim to set ourselves a few challenges, going further, and/or climbing more. My worst fear is not that it will rain, but that it will be too hot, for that’s what saps your strength.

Through it all, however, I remain a handbag walker. I may have lots of other gear now, but I still have my trusty pink handbag on my shoulder. And we still have to fit in time to shop, as well as the refreshments.

So once again, dear readers, please sponsor me, if you haven’t already.

*we were out, and walking before 9am – how impressive is that?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home