Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things I learned about cruising

My recent absence was because I've been on my first ever cruise (well, unless you count the north sea mini cruises, which I don't), round the Western Mediterranean. It's a very different type of holiday, so, before I go into any more detail, here are some of the things I learned.

  • It is exhausting - particularly if you're in a new place each day, which we were.

  • Despite what people may say, however big the boat is, it will rock

  • After about 3 days, it will stop rocking, but the ground will start to rock when you go ashore!

  • You will eventually find somewhere to plug in your mobile phone charger, even if it is in the bathroom

  • It probably isn't necessary to change the towels 3 times a day

  • You will get 'food overload', and yet still feel the need to go to the midnight buffet
  • The theme from 'Titanic' probably isn't a good music choice

  • You will be photographed at every available opportunity

  • It is possible to get lost on a ship, and to forget which deck you are on (or worse, how to get to the bar)

More to follow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home