Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I do pay a bit more attention in a gallery

If you know me, you probably know that I’m not very observant (I’d blame it on being short sighted, though that doesn’t really work as I’m usually wearing my glasses).

It was about a week ago J asked, ‘Have you seen the paintings?’
‘What paintings?’ I mumbled, wondering what on earth she was talking about, and the conversation moved on.

It was only yesterday, when I saw a copy of Van Gogh’s 'Sunflowers' in St Helen’s Square, that I actually clocked the Grand Tour in York. Before then, I’d been walking past them, oblivious.

Then, last night, as we left the theatre, we came across two on Bootham Bar. Holbein’s ‘The Ambassadors’ seemed particularly appropriate, as we’d just seen ‘A Man for All Seasons’. Today, they seem to be everywhere I look. You can even do a walking tour – I think I see a handbag walk coming on.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked up a copy of the tour today. We must do it some day soon.

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks fab! I'm not in great shape for a walking tour at the mo though, I wonder how long they'll be up?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Val said...

Cat - according to the paper, they're up till the end of September, so plenty of time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home