Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If only things were this easy

I pride myself at being rather good at geography*. But when it comes to the Home Counties, I’m a bit at sea. To me ‘Hertfordshire’ has always been more ‘Pride and Prejudice’ than a real place, so when it comes at looking at the map, it’s still a bit of a mystery.

In the middle of a meeting, I find myself pointing at the map on the wall (and potentially offending all the indigenous population in the room) in an accusing manner.

‘Where’s Rickmansworth?’ It’s pointed out to me, sitting firmly on, what seems to me, to be the wrong side of the M25.

‘Well, it’s in the wrong place!’

‘I’m sure they’ll move it, Val, just for you.’

*I like to read maps, anyway

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it simply part of Hertford, Hereford and Hampshire...where hurricanes hardly ever happen?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home