Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Thursday, June 26, 2008

An explanation

‘What’s a superlambanana?’

The question has cropped up twice in the last couple of days.

It’s quite difficult to explain, if you haven’t seen the Superlambanana*. Try describing it, and you can practically see the minds boggling.

The original is supposedly both a comment on Liverpool’s trading history, and also on GM foods. It’s a piece of modern art that I like the whimsy of, so I was interested to see on Breakfast News the other week that there are now a whole flock of baby lambananas all across the city of Liverpool.

Like the Grand Tour in York, there’s a trail you can follow. So it was that as I turned left in front of St George’s Hall last night, I squealed a little when I saw two of them opposite the Empire Theatre.

*He even has his own website, how fab is that?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just been on that site and am beginning to see what it is like.
It's quite fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home