Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, April 30, 2010

New colleagues

I’m asking directions. This is happening a lot at present as I start to find my way around the city (even though I have, of course, bought a map).

‘I think it’s near the theatre. Hull Truck I mean, not the New Theatre. I’ve not been there yet, I’ll have to see what’s on’

New colleague ‘I’ve never been there…well, to either of them actually.’

Me: (shocked voice) ‘what, never?’

NC ‘No’

‘We’ll have to change that, (by way of explanation), I'm a bit of a theatre buff*'.

I may have moved across the country, but I guess not much changes in how much I have in common with those I work with.

*I know, understatement of the decade. At least I didn’t go for ‘snob’ from the start, they can work that one out as we go along.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home