Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, March 12, 2010

In which I finally get my iPhone

When I went into town the other day I got my iPhone. After my strop with Vodafone I hadn't had time to get it till now. As with many things which bring with them huge expectations, so far it is proving to be a bit of mixed blessing.

You see, I can’t actually work it very well. What I hadn’t appreciated, even from seeing others use them, is how very different it is to a ‘normal’ mobile. As someone who has struggled to get to grips with my work BlackBerry, it’s proving to be something of a challenge. Couple that with the fact that I so far have not been able to log on to download any ‘Apps’, and I’m getting to the point where I’m about ready to chuck it against the wall (only I won’t, cos of the cost).

I’m sure I will get there, it will just take me longer. I’m finding the keyboard particularly difficult as it’s so sensitive, and I’m used to bashing at the keypad on a phone. I therefore tend to end up with gobbledegook. At the moment, everything is taking me three times as long as it did before.

And all those wonderful Apps, well, they’re still a mystery to me. Even browsing them, apart from obvious things like Facebook and Twitter I have no idea where to start, (though Cat has offered to advise me). It’s proving quite stressful at the moment, when I foolishly thought it would be a breeze. But then it’s me, and technology. And that rarely ends well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home