Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Monday, February 01, 2010

The diet starts again

Each year I start my diet again on 1 February, as every year I have put weight back on. Starting on 1 January is far too much of a cliché, and there is always lots of Christmas food, and chocs, and biscuits still to eat up. January is also usually far too busy to think of dieting.

Last year, I managed to lose 1st 4lbs by the summer, but since then I’ve gradually put it back on, so I’m starting only half a stone down from where I started this time last year. I’m also thinking this year is going to be a struggle, as I have holidays booked much earlier. I’m away for a few days in a couple of week’s time, and then am going to Egypt at the end of March.

That’s my first real target, for I need to lose at least half a stone before Egypt, so that some of the clothes I have bought look good, rather than tight. I like to have a dress to ‘slim in’ to, and this year I bought a couple of lovely dresses in the sales which are at the moment, frankly a bit ‘snug’.

As before, I’ll keep you updated on here. Only, as you’ll have noticed, once the diet tails off, I do tend to stop talking about it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home