Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, January 29, 2010

Where I may become even more anti-social

I’ve been pondering getting an iPhone. My poor old mobile is distinctly worse for wear, and has had a cracked screen since I dropped it on the car, so I’ve been waiting until I qualified for an upgrade.

I called into the shop last week to see what my options were. It seems I’m eligible from the end of this month.

‘What do you recommend?’
‘Get an iPhone’

Last weekend, I was looking at all the Apps* on Cat’s. For a map geek like me, it was fabulous (yes, I know there are lots of other Apps, but it was the ones that could direct you to places, and recommend a nearby restaurant** which fascinated me). I want one, even though it may mean I spend even more time not talking to people.

So when I saw someone’s iPhone on the table at work, I asked what she thought of it. She looked at me, and it was almost like I could read her mind. What could someone like me (in her eyes, a total non-techy) want with an iPhone?

‘Yeah, it’s good, but you’d probably find it complicated’
(pause)
‘Mind, I do have a lot of Applications, and things like Facebook on mine, which you wouldn’t want’

I smiled. ‘Oh, you’d be surprised’

They really don’t know me. And that suits me just fine.

*See, iPhone jargon
** if you ever need an Indian Restaurant in Grantham, we can recommend one. Not that we visited, we were on the train at the time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home