Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Quiet Christmas

For that’s what it has been. I feel like I’ve been off work for ages, but I know I needed it. There are things I could have done, and maybe should have done, but I haven’t.

I’ve really done very little. Christmas Day was spent with friends (until the end of Doctor Who – damn Russell T Davies for making me cry again on Christmas Day!) I came home for the Strictly* Christmas Special.

Boxing Day, I spent at home, apart from visiting my Aunt. I’m not sure she even knew it had been Christmas.

The following day, I ventured to the shops and bought a new fridge freezer. It’s being delivered next week, so I started the de-frosting of the old one yesterday. It's taken me two days! I almost got frostbite, hacking the chunks of ice off. The new flooring and carpet gets fitted the week after, so the work on the house should soon be finished.

I've ventured to the sales, and bought shoes I didn't need, (but they were pretty). I’ve eaten too much chocolate, drunk too much fizz, and basically vegged out. It’s been good. But I think I'm ready to do something now

*I think this is where I go ‘whoohoo!’ Ok, maybe he didn’t win, but it was 'Per-fect-ion'! Cue big smile on my face for Christmas Day.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home