Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's 'Chips and Wine' over again

It was a traumatic weekend in many ways. The nervousness starts early on Saturday, as I’m building up slowly to ‘showtime’. I commented to Cat that I now can’t eat a meal before the show, I can only drink wine, and I can’t settle afterwards. She can recognise the symptoms. Even I admit it’s not rational, but I don’t actually care at the moment.

I was thrilled that it hadn’t been a ‘one week only’ appearance for ‘Gethin’, and loved seeing him at the top the leader board. I really liked his American Smooth, and loved his jive – real high energy stuff – for which I think he got a deserved 10. I also love the way he takes on board all the comments, and doesn’t big himself up at all. Though I do think there’s such a thing as being too modest.

I was very surprised to see Alesha in the dance off, and thought it was undeserved. If you watch the routines, both she and Gethin went wrong, but they kept going, so you couldn’t tell. Matt just gave up, and I think he should have been in the dance off to prove he could do it. I don’t take any account of the ‘he’s young, he’s nervous.. etc’ He’s an actor, and one of the first things you learn is however bad it goes, you do not stop. Most of the time, the audience won’t even notice the error. I just hope the huge sympathy vote was a one week phenomenon, as, in a dance off, the judges will always save Alesha.

I can see that phone bill going a bit crazy this week.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home