Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Thursday, December 13, 2007

I've Passed!

I’ve known for a while that my OU result was due by this Friday, so I’ve been watching the post. There was a letter this morning with the OU postmark, so I sat down before I opened it. It was only a notice about registering for further courses!

So, I decided to check on line, not expecting anything. I logged in, and it popped up on my course record sheet.

Result: ‘Distinction’. I had to read it twice (actually more like about 4 times!). I got 83% in the exam apparently, and an overall score for my assignments of 84%, so I guess I’m pretty consistent.

They also provide more detail on individual answers (oh, how things have changed since St John’s when it was like pulling teeth to get any feedback at all), so I clicked on that. It seems my weakest answer was the Dickens one, which I’d actually felt was the most straightforward question. I got somewhere between 85-100% on both my Shakespeare and Romantic Poetry questions. Yes, that Romantic Poetry question that was really bad. To be honest, I’d hoped I’d managed a decent answer on Shakespeare, even though it was a pig of an extract.

I’m just a little bit chuffed. And I now have a Diploma in Literature.

(As an afterthought, hasn't the world changed, when my first thought about this is to blog about it, and to update my Facebook status!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home