Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Incommunicado

I did it again! I was on the A1 heading south on Monday morning, when I realised that the mobile phone was still on the bed. I was facing nearly 4 days without a phone!

It was quite a scary prospect. It's bizarre how, having lived most of my life without a mobile, it now feels essential. But then, it isn't just a phone, is it? It's a calendar, an alarm clock (I was worried I wouldn't wake on time, and would be late for meetings), a calculator, a camera (not that I was going to need that at work), and a way of accessing the internet.

I really felt quite lost without it, particularly when plans changed, and I discovered that it is really difficult to find a pay phone these days - in fact in many places they're non-existant. Phones just aren't provided in budget hotel rooms either, as everyone has their own.

As it turned out, I was able to come home last night. I got back to find it where I left it. I thought there'd be quite a few missed calls and some texts. I picked it up. Just two missed calls, both from unknown numbers.

I'd never felt so popular!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home