Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Monday, November 13, 2006

In these halls

‘Would you mind if we go to RSAMD*?’
‘Not at all…after all, David Tennant went there!’

It’s my first visit to Glasgow, and we only have four hours, so not enough time to visit the galleries, so it’s sightseeing and shopping for us, plus a visit to the above building. I’m impressed, it has at least two theatres, is next to another, and is very central, though I’m less sure about the music students singing opera in the corridor, clearly for our benefit.

I pick up the Alumni magazine – it’s full of people like DT, Alan Cumming, Robert Carlyle, James McAvoy, and John Doyle.

‘So, has anyone from your year become well known?’
‘S is doing very well on TV…in Romania.’

Time for a trip to the Willow Tea Rooms, I think.

*Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

Is it too stalkery of me to whoop? *rolls eyes*

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Nic said...

well done for mentioning james mcavoy in a blog entry, unlike some people... ;) oh i do love him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home