Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Musings

I've had lots of things in my head over the last few days that I was going to blog about, but haven't found the time to write about, because of, well, life, basically, so here's a quick round up of the things I didn't find time to expand on:
  1. My thoughts on the train journey I had through the pennines to Manchester on Monday, as we went through all the little industrial towns, along the side of the canals. The industrial history of England past your window.
  2. Just how much I loved the TV adaptation of Jane Eyre that finished last Sunday, which although it curtailed many of my favourite scenes from the book, capture the spirit of it, and the relationship perfectly, I thought. Still couldn't watch the mad woman though!
  3. How bizarre is it that someone can google 'why was theatres in shakespeares times nicknamed the wooden 'o', and end up at my blog! Looking at their other results, I'm not sure that any of them would have been much use either. Bizarre as it may seem, do these people ever think of looking in a book?!

That's all folks.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Nic said...

No is the answer :P If I want to know something I always google it, or imdb it.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be what we would-be information professionals call the "Googleization" of the information society. You can't fight it, so you have to adapt to the reality of it - hence Google Scholar, which is actually quite useful if people know how to use it correctly, which of course they never do...

I feel a thesis coming on.

Cx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home