Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Season of mists, and mellow fruitfulness...and Strictly Come Dancing

Yey! 'Strictly' started again last night*, so my Saturday evenings are planned until Christmas! Odd new format though, with only the guys being voted for last night, and the women just doing a group dance, which didn't really give you the opportunity to judge potential.

So, it's early days as yet, and will probably take a couple of weeks for me to identify my favourite. The last couple of years it's been 'my' Aled, and then last year the lovely James Martin, and in the space of a few months I'd got to meet both of them (and suffered the taunts for having attended an Aled Jones concert, but I didn't care!), so I guess it's 'watch this space'. So far, I quite like RSC actor Ray Fearon and Mark Ramprakash.

But as for voting, oh, no, don't do that!

*though I see they are repeating the highlights, so at least I can catch up if I miss it, which I certainly will do nearer Christmas.

I also caught the first of the new Robin Hood series - I can't say i was impressed either by the acting, or the script. I will probably keep watching for a while though, if only for the lovely Richard Armitage

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home