Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, November 24, 2006

Because, because, because, because, because...

'We're off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz'

I'm in a nice little sandwich shop, perusing the range of homemade soups and thinking which one I fancy for lunch, when my bag starts singing the above. I look around sheepishly - the guy behind the counter asks 'would you like any help choosing a soup, madame?' 'Ermm, no thanks' and I sort of grin at him, buy a cherry muffin and a coffee, and depart.

I blame HMV. I only went in there to see how much the Dr Who Season 2 box set was*, when my eye was caught by a cover bearing ruby slippers. So I picked it up - a two dvd set of the original film and extras, with a bit on the front saying 'press here', which then lit up the Emerald City and played the song. Maybe another time, I'm thinking, until I realise, it's only £5. £5, well, that's not much more than the price of a cocktail in the Evil Eye, so, sold!

Only don't lean against something when it's in your shopping bag!

*£59.95 in fact - its £5 cheaper in Virgin, and cheaper still on line. I haven't bought it...yet.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home