Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A thing of beauty

A while ago I mentioned that I needed ruby slippers. Well, I've been looking round the shops as they get their party season ranges in, and there have been lots of sparkly shoes - black, silver, gold, pink, and some red. But none were the perfect pair. Not flat ballet pumps, as I can't do flat shoes, and not so high I can't walk in them. Whilst these are 'theatre going' shoes, our theatre going can involve quite a bit of walking* or, at the very least, a lot of standing in bars, so I needed a degree of comfort. And I'd seen these in Outfit last weekend, so went to have a look in Dorothy Perkins in town yesterday. Well, I say I went, in actual fact, I never got beyond the jewellery counter, and it was Cat who reported they didn't have them. So today, I was back at Outfit - yes they had them, and they were the last pair! Apparently they have different ranges of shoes in each shop - go figure!

So, I now have my ruby slippers, what I need are the theatre tickets. The West Yorkshire Playhouse are doing The Wizard of Oz this Christmas. They're even doing 'Off to Oz' nights, when you can go dressed as your favourite character. No guesses as to who's mine, but the clue is, she's green! And Wicked is now previewing in the West End, and it sounds fabulous.

*I have blisters from our walk across town on Friday night when I was wearing my other 'glitter shoes', and yes, at one point I did get one stuck in a hole in the road, and it fell off. Though it wasn't as bad as when I wore my red shoes in Oxford.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! they are just fabulous! I'm on a mission to get some too now!

Cx

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

I love them!

I should also add that the WYP is getting lots and lots of Oz tat - my favourite so far are the mugs with ruby slippers on ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home