Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Public diaries

I'm sitting in a (frankly smelly) fringe theatre venue with a friend, watching a show about Blogging. It's based on real life blogs, but ones of a very sexual nature, it's funny, and well acted, and I'm laughing at some of the things the 'bloggers' are saying and acting out. It bears little resemblance to the blogs of people I know, or those that I read.

After the show, we go for a drink. My friend comments 'I guess that's what most blogs are about'. I find myself explaining that actually most aren't like that, and that people write them for different reasons, but with an understanding that anything that goes out there can be read by anyone. That they are, in fact, public diaries. One of the very true aspects of the show was one guy who blogged that his ex found out about his new girlfriend from reading his blog.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home