Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Staples

No, not the sort that hold pages together! As I stopped at the petrol station tonight I pondered on a lifestyle where I don't actually have time to do any 'real' shopping mid-week, and therefore end up either in the petrol station mini market, or in a quick supermarket dash, buying my essential supplies, which are bread, wine, and cat food, which is a bit like the last supper really, (and, let's face it, I've seen quite a few of those*) if Jesus had had a cat**. That shopping list caters for everyone after a day at work, I think. The girls eat, I eat, and I get to drink wine.

I frequently find myself having to go out for emergency cat food supplies. For reference, even the shop at York Railway Station sells cat food, so there are clearly others like me who get off the train, and realise that they need to stock up.

*Even if, at times, Jesus's body was a naan bread (with apologies to anyone not familiar with JCS)
**well, we don't know he didn't have one, do we?!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Nic said...

and the time there wasn't enough disciples...

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and the time they forgot the bread altogether...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home