Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, August 11, 2006

The best laid plans...

It’s been a funny old week – things I’d planned for didn’t happen, things I hadn’t planned for did, so that by the end of it my brain feels pretty scrambled – or at least that’s my excuse for not blogging for so long!

Saturday and Sunday – we thought we had first one gig, then two gigs, and then, finally no gigs, owing to illness. But our planned party went ahead anyway, although it never got out of the confines of the wondrous Evil Eye* cocktail bar – well, if you have a bed, food, and a young man bringing cocktails to your bedside, how can you possibly move (other than for chips!).

Sunday - we shopped, we ate, I drank, and a generally good and relaxing time was had, until the evening, when I found myself seriously unwell**.

Monday – dragged myself to the docs – oh how I hate going – but then I was in pain, and it’s amazing how that focuses the mind. Anyway, no work for me for a couple of days and very little food. I am now on a seriously low fat diet, which means, oh horror, no chips!

Wednesday – back to work – but it was fun, although my almost coast to coast drive in the evening so I could meet an old friend was probably a little crazy, but then I hadn’t seen her for two years. Her children are incredibly well behaved! During the course of the evening, I talk to another friend about possibly getting away for a break later in the summer, and she mentions the fact that she fancies the Dordogne…pony trekking! Given that my experience on horseback is limited to the donkeys on Scarborough beach when I was 5, I decline the offer, and suggest a weekend city shopping break might be a better idea.

Thursday – back to work part two (I have two jobs) followed by evening drinks with another friend. We realise that more than 3 months have gone by without us actually meeting up. Yes, we have been talking about going to Stratford for months, and it hasn’t happened. Suddenly now we’re talking about Edinburgh, so watch this space.

In so many ways, I’m glad it’s almost the weekend.

*with thanks to Corinne, who has taught me how to do ‘pretty’ links
**which I stress was nothing to do with alcohol!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a truely beautiful link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home