Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

How to stress me out

I'm getting my kitchen re-fitted this week. Which means a week off work*, and stress levels out of 10 of 11+.

I've not had anything this major done to my house in the 10 years I've been in it, mainly because I knew I'd hate all the upheaval, but the lure of the post Christmas special offers, and the fact that my oven had been broken for 12 months was just too much it resist. And it all seemed so far away on those winter days when it was ordered, but the week of 'fitting' finally came.

Day 1 - pretty much everything was cleared out, and I waited for the arrival of the fitter, and waited, and waited... then lost my patience and rang him, to be told he wasn't starting until tomorrow, and that the work would definitely continue into next week. Stress level, climbing.

Day 2 - fitter arrived at 8.15am, ripped out my kitchen and deposited it in the back garden (revealing 15 year old builders rubble under the cupboards in the process!) and departed by 10am. Days work done. Stress level, v. high.

Day 3 - knowing I had to be away early, fitter was late. Returned home at 8pm to find my front room full of half assembled units, preventing me from getting to the microwave without undertaking an obstacle course. Old cooker has now joined the units in the back garden. On the plus side, my new kichen lights look good, but there does appear to be a worrying hole in the ceiling next to one. Stress level, continuing v. high, not helped by the M62.

*The 'week off' is a bit of misnomer, as I've worked every day so far.

1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

I shouldn't laugh - but it's the way you've written it! *hugs* and I hope the fitter knows what he's let himself in for if he carries on in this manner ;-) .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home