Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Saturday, May 06, 2006

It's spring, spring, spring!

Ah well, I've not been very good at updating this week have I? Just so much to do, I'm afraid. It's been a bit of a week, but at least it's finally felt like spring.

This is my favourite time of year. One of my theories* is that you like the time of year best that you were born in, (though I do own that this may not be the case if you were born in February, as I think the only good thing about that month is that it's short), and I love spring, when the air finally turns warm again, and everything seems to be waking up, and to have new energy and life, and the light has a certain softness about it.

I went into York today, and it looked beautiful as I walked along the river, with the blossom out and the trees budding, and I never take that walk without thinking how lucky I am to live in such a lovely city. I had breakfast at Betty's** and then shopped, looking for some 'pieces' for my holiday wardrobe, and also to get an idea of what I still need. This really is the optimum time for holiday shopping, whenever you're going, as, leave it much longer, and things are picked over, and all the best is gone. Anyway, I got a lovely turquoise top and skirt, turquoise being my 'summer colour', which should be perfect for drinking vino in a nice little ristorante. But I decided that I still need; a pair of linen trousers, a summer jacket, a holiday bag, a pair of comfy sandals, and some more tops - I guess I need to work hard and earn a bit of money to buy all that!

I also sat around planning more theatre trips, and as many of you know, that means a whole lot of new wardrobe decisions!

*Val's theories also include
  • it's ok to take pain killers and drink wine, as long as you take them with water
  • lucozade is an excellent hangover cure

**Yes, it's expensive, but I do like their bacon muffins

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

horray for holiday shopping, you're right, now is the best time! as a January baby I'm afraid I can't subscribe to your other theory though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home