Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, April 28, 2006

Royal secrets

I've just caught up with last weeks episode of Dr Who! It's a good job they show it 3 times, as with my life, I'd never get to see it. (I do have a video, I just can't remember how to find the video channel on the tv!!)

Fab episode, anyway, which left me even more impressed with Russell T Davies as a writer, and loving David Tennant's performance as the Doctor, and the way it is developing. It was also suitably 'Victorian gothic' for my taste, and I think I'd have been terrifed if I'd watched it as a child.*

I loved the way all the strands in the story were brought together at the the end and the suggestion the Queen Victoria had been bitten and that, therefore, lycanthropy has been passed down in the royal family! It also had echoes back to the 'Bad Wolf' theme from the last series, and even more excitingly, set up the 'Torchwood Institute', which as fans will know, is going to be the basis of spin off series with John Barrowman.

I can't wait to see where this series is going. I love a good dose of sci fi on the tv!

*I was scared by the daleks when I was young, and didn't come out from behind the sofa for about 5 years!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

I think John Barrowman's first appearance on here deserves a little 'wooo' so woooooooo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home