Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, May 19, 2006

How to stress me out - Part 2

Day four – even later arrival. How come I manage to start work at 8.30am when I work over an hour away from home, yet workmen arrive at 9.30am? Today I had both the fitter and the electrician, so beat a hasty retreat once they arrived, and had breakfast at Tesco (after the electrician had told me he was going to have to run a cable right across the front room, entailing me moving even more stuff). Also told that as some units were found to be damaged when they were unpacked, I’d need to stay in on Saturday for the replacements to be delivered.

Made a decision to extend my ‘girls’* ‘holiday’ until the middle of next week, as the thought of them coming home was stressing me out even further.

By the end of the day, I couldn’t see much more progress, though the shells of a couple of units are in place, and all the wiring seems to be done – there are still holes in the walls in worrying places though. Stress level, very high in the morning, calming a little, to be replaced by pounding headache, in the afternoon.

Day five - I had an 'urgent appointment'*** in town at 8, so I don't know what time they arrived! Today I have the fitter, and the assistant fitter, who are currently cutting up bits of units in my driveway. Some cupboards actually have doors on now. Stress level, about 8, as I've hidden away on the computer.

*I haven’t introduced my ‘girls’ as yet. Rosie and Bella are my cats, who I’ve had since they were 9 weeks old, and who are now 9. They are utterly gorgeous and not at all scary, despite rumours, just very timid, and protective of their environment. They have gone on their holidays** while the work is done.

**aka to the Cattery

***usually either my nails or one of my boys - in this case, my nails!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home