Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Monday, July 20, 2009

A Week in Provence

For that’s what I’ve just had. Last year, I visited Aix en Provence on my cruise, and fell in love with it, determined to go back. This year, we had four nights in Aix, and three in Avignon, which is in the middle of its Festival, which has a huge Fringe event, very similar to Edinburgh.

It’s a beautiful area, and one I think I’ll return to, as I don’t think you can do it any sort of justice in a week. It’s been lovely to get away from everything here for a while though.

We were much more independent than last year, hiring a car, and navigating our way to the various places we wanted to visit. There’s a lot to say, and how much of it I’ll get round to saying I’m not sure. I loved:
The weather, the scenery and the history. The lovely rose wine.

I was less keen on:
The lack of road signage in some places. The prices; the fall in value against the euro has hit hard, and things seemed very expensive. The food (yes, I know I am faddy, and difficult, but it turns out I just don’t much care for French food, and there is only so much salad you can eat without turning into a rabbit!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home