Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, April 05, 2009

The training starts here

I’ve signed up to do the Ribbon Walk, (the 10 mile version, that is) at Harewood House, so I’m now talking of being ‘in training’. For many, maybe it wouldn’t be that scary, but I’ve never done a 10 mile walk before, so for me, it is.

When you sign up, they send you a training schedule, which covers the gradual build up over the 10 weeks prior to the walk. This means I should be starting my training some time around now. When I looked at the proposed schedule, my first thoughts were ‘yeah, right, like that’s going to happen!’

But, as is the way of me, the last couple of weeks, I’ve started to get a bit obsessive. I need to walk. No, I can’t believe I’m saying that either. It still has to be a true ‘handbag walk’, with all the essential elements of tea shops, shopping etc, but the walking has definitely got more challenging. I’ve also invested in new walking boots (still breaking those in), and new walking trousers. I’m starting to look scarily like a ‘proper’ walker.

I have to raise at least £250, so, if anyone would like to sponsor me, I’d be ever so grateful, and it's really simple to go - just go here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home