Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Monday, January 14, 2008

The next best thing?

For those of us (that would be me, then) suffering withdrawal symptoms, Dancing on Ice (aka Strictly Ice Dancing) started tonight. In my eyes, it’s not as good as Strictly, as it’s too ‘ITV’ and also there’s the chance that someone could get seriously hurt. And no one can ever be as impressive on the ice as they manage to be on Strictly - it takes a lot of effort even to stand up!

But, of course, I did watch the first two series, and weathered the emotional trauma when John Barrowman was unfairly voted out early in Series 1 (well, he’s still not over it, so I don’t see why I should be either). Last season was less emotional, probably because I did like Kyran Bracken, who won, but I didn’t really have a favourite.

This year, well, at this stage who can say. I have to say that on tonight’s showing, they were all a bit rubbish. There's another male (ex) Blue Peter presenter, who apparently is also Welsh, but I can't see that he'll work the same magic. At the moment, I'd be voting for Philip Schofield, if I could.

At least I’ve never voted in this one (yet?).

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from Croatia, your blog is great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home