Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hidden accomplishments


‘Do you trust me?’
‘I get worried when you say that!’

One of five things you may not know about me is that I can wallpaper, so when Cat said she was re-decorating her bedroom, I persuaded her that we could tackle the papering. She bought all the equipment as instructed, including that magical little tool, a seam roller.

And on Sunday, we started. It was only one wall after all. I have to admit, I’d forgotten how high the ceilings are in old houses, and also that they're never straight, which made things ‘interesting’. I did end up with paste all over my trousers though, and also in my hair.

But, we did it, and I don’t think I even shouted, though I think I initially scared Corinne a little. It was a real sense of achievement - and it looks pretty damned good too!

* Note the action photo - we may be smiling, but Cat is slapping the paste on!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the fruits of our labours:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/cat77/home/wallpaper.jpg
brilliant 'eh? thank you Val!

Cx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home