Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Monday, February 26, 2007

'The walls have got thinner!'

A week after the mind mapping we met up for our first 'weigh in' as part of the effort to lose weight.

I get out of the car, I'm wearing a fairly smart skirt, and heels.
J: (looking at my outfit) 'I thought we were going walking!'
Me: 'were we?' (I had forgotten anything about this, honest)

I'm pretty horrified when I get on the scales. It's worse than bad. We decide to do our walking in town this week. There's mention of doing the 'Snickelways', only no one remembers the book, so we walk up to tourist information and see what walks they have in and around the city. We each buy a leaflet. For some reason actually buying a leaflet detailing a walk feels virtuous, and it's almost like we've done one. We start talking about where to go for lunch.

Me: 'erm, perhaps we should walk a bit before we eat?'

We decide to do a bit of the bar walls. The bit we choose is very narrow, and we ask each other just when the walls got so thin? Having walked the prettiest bit of the walls, we head for what I call 'foodie street' where there are lots of nice restaurants, and we find a new one, Harville's, which offers a good value 'express lunch'.

We're soon settled with a glass of wine, and a nice meal in front of us. I comment that I rather like the way that we exercise.

But I think losing the weight is going to take a lot of work!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you liked Harvilles, you should also try Monty's Grill, York.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home