Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, January 05, 2007

Tell me it's not true!

I'm at work, suddenly one of the staff comes in and says 'is anyone here's phone 'drama queen'?

I resist asking him why he's messing about with bluetooth when he should be working, and rather sheepishly stick my hand in the air.

'Did you know that I could download everything off your phone if I wanted?'

I look rather confused. I tend to leave bluetooth switched on, but rarely use it, and thankfully have never had anything offensive sent to me. Can this be true? I can't really believe it, but I make sure I turn the bluetooth off sharpish!

A colleague then tells me that he amuses himself by sending messages to people saying that if they present their phone at the bar, they'll get a free drink.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it's true. unless maybe they are a professional hacker? Do you have any state secrets on your phone, or just pictures of cats?

Cx

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard this as well (providing they can guess your Bluetooth security code, which to be fair is usually 0000 or 1111 on most phones lol) - God knows if it's true though, I'm not that technical, but if anyone really wants to search through my phone numbers and random photos and downloads, they only have to ask!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Val said...

Thanks both. It could be another urban myth, and I really don't have anything interesting on my phone (tho I do indeed have photos of cats!), but I think the bluetooth is staying off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home