Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Have a little patience

Not one of my strong points, as anyone who knows me will agree. So the end of Torchwood last night was tantalising. Just how long is it now till Dr Who starts again?

We seem to have had ‘Who’ related programmes across Christmas and the New Year, with the Sarah Jane Adventures also debuting yesterday. Aimed at kids (as opposed to a family audience, as Dr Who is, and yes the two things are different) there were still enough ‘Who’ references to make me go ‘awwww’.

And then, the last two episodes of Torchwood. If I’m honest, the series has been a bit hit and miss, some great episodes, and others not so great (and one too gory for me to watch), but I enjoyed these two, including finding out how Jack became Captain Jack Harkness. I worry for a ‘team’, however, who show such willingness to turn guns on each other, and actually to fire them!

But then that ending*. It seems that all Jack has really been waiting for is ‘the right kind of Doctor’ and maybe that’s why he’s kept the rest of the team at a distance.

*which I’m not going into in case anyone hasn’t seen it yet.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

Aren't we all waiting for the right kind of doctor... ;-)

And two weeks today...I guess that's the right kind of captain.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I missed the Sarah Jane adventures...Was it good?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home