Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Reflections

Well, it’s the time of year for it, isn’t it, but also for looking forward. Last year I made a list for myself of things I wanted to do; get a new job, see lots of theatre, lose weight, have a holiday, do some work on the house. Well, I managed all of them except the weight part, but then I’d have to put a bit of effort in for that. Maybe this year!

I perhaps didn’t so much get a new job as leave the old one, but I don’t regret it. I got the kitchen re-fitted – it’s not actually finished of course, it still needs the tiles, and new flooring – the latest bet is that it will take me about 3 years to get that done.

I did see a lot of theatre. 36 productions by the end of the year, and there were only 3 shows that I saw twice. The best were probably The Duchess of Malfi at West Yorkshire Playhouse, Titus Andronicus at the Globe, and Wicked.

And of course, I did go to Italy on holiday.

For 2007, I’m already in danger of taking on too much, with work in different part of the country, and I’ve also committed myself to another Open University course which starts in February. The Christmas period was supposed to be my time to do some preparatory reading, but all I’ve managed is about 3 chapters of Frankenstein. I’m also continuing with my drama class, which hopefully will lead to a production, so I guess one of my wishes this year is to get back on stage*, somewhere, anywhere.

*It was nice, though, in the pub on New Year’s Eve, when introduced to a friend of a friend, to be asked ‘I think I’ve seen you on stage…Have you played the Georgian Theatre at Richmond?’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home