Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

On eating out

Owing to needing to regularly stay over for work, I get to eat out a lot in Liverpool, probably more than I do in York. Hope Street has become a bit of a favourite. It’s got a cathedral at each end, a theatre*, a concert hall, a rather swish hotel, numerous restaurants and a rather elaborate pub. It’s also very close to the University, so is full of student and arty types. I guess you could say I feel at home there.

We’re trying all the various restaurants as we go along, and particular new favourite is HoSt, which does ‘fusion’ food. We had a fabulous meal there the other week, and it has to be admitted, the staff are both very attentive, and very cute, which is an added bonus.

I tend to sign up for emails at the various restaurants, so that I receive their special offers. As we usually eat out mid-week, there are often some good deals available.

So when I received an offer from HoSt, we agreed that we must go again, and started to discuss the food, waxing lyrical about the food, and specifically the corn fritters with chilli caramel (honestly, they’re divine!).

C reflects, ‘I must try and work out how to make them, it can’t be that difficult’

I smile. ‘That’s one of the differences between us. You think about making things you’ve eaten in a restaurant at home. I just think ‘when can I go again?’

*A theatre which we keep saying we must go to, only it continuously seems to be performing Pinter!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home