Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, March 08, 2009

At least this time we got chips

‘Are you a big fan of Alistair?’

The question is asked in all innocence, given I’ve never met this person before. I don’t know what to say. I can’t just say ‘yes’, not anymore. There’s a whole world there that can’t be explained in a simple answer to a question in a crowded pub. I just smile.

Much later, a beer fuelled Griffin climbs onto the banisters, and makes us laugh because of all the memories it brings back. It’s one of those moments of craziness that has us still here getting on for 6 years later. He’s clearly reluctant to stop performing, and we’ve danced all night.

Finally, after he finishes, Coza nips onto the ‘stage’ area, and nabs the set list ‘for old times sake’. The sound man turns to us ‘you want to get him to sign that for you’.

We look at each other and smile. All those signatures, some of which are still on my desk as I type this.

‘No, really, we don’t’.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home