Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Thursday, December 04, 2008

So long, farewell...

I finished one of my jobs this week. It was January when I told my boss that I wanted to leave, as the travelling was too much for me. I finally left at the beginning of December. I guess you can’t ever say I didn’t give enough notice. So, in this time of the ‘credit crunch’ (how I hate that phrase), I’ve voluntarily halved my income, which is a bit scary!

I can’t believe its 21 months since I went down to Hertfordshire to do a ‘short term’ project with a couple of small organisations. These small organisations are now one large organisation, and employ over 200 people. It’s easy to forget how far we’ve come.

In that time, I’ve got lost in St Albans, spotted the site of an inn which has an obscure Shakespearean reference, stayed in more hotels** than I’d ever wanted to, and realised that there really is a north/south divide.

For once, I actually had a ‘leaving do’*, and people said some awfully nice things. I’m not sure I recognised myself in what they were saying, however.

Even though it was only ever mean to be short term, I’m going to miss them. My boss did write on my leaving card ‘don’t think you’ve got away from me yet!’ though.

*when other jobs have ended through redundancy, no one really feels much like a party!

** For the record, I recommend Beales Hotel in Hatfield, and Tewin Bury Farm, Welwyn.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have much more time to enjoy yourself. J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home