Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bad days

In the early new year I had a conversation with my boss about my workload, and, perhaps more importantly, the travelling that I do, for it’s actually that which gets me down. He was very sympathetic and responsive, but the trouble is, so far, not much has changed.

I work hard, but for me work is what provides the resources to do the things I really love, e.g. theatre. The workload is huge in both places that I work at the moment, and the timescale for delivering on the current agenda is the same in both places. It all came to a bit of a head two weeks ago, when I felt I was sinking fast. I think that was the darkest hour, as I couldn’t see a way through it. I did commission some help with some of the work, but there is still the stuff that I need to do. It isn’t going to go away, and I can’t see how I can meet the deadlines.

My rational head, which has surfaced for a brief moment today, knows that I will come through this, just as I did through the last workload crisis. My irrational head is looking at the week ahead and just wishing it was already over.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home