Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Thursday, October 02, 2008

After the train tickets, you’d thing I’d have learned but…

It was time to tax my car yesterday. I always put if off as long as possible, because I resent the cost, so last week, it was time to gather all the documentation together.

I had the renewal notice, no problem, as that had been sent in the last month. Next, to find the MOT certificate and the insurance policy. I looked in the usual ‘safe place’. Theatre tickets, home insurance yes. Car insurance, MOT, no.

Hmmm, where to look next? I tried the unorganised heap of papers at the end of the sofa. Yes! The MOT certificate was here (and probably had been since April, I really AM that untidy).

No car insurance though. I went through a couple more heaps of papers, and found nothing. I was running out of ideas, so finally, I decided the only option was to order a copy (and yes, there have been a few other years, when I’ve had to do this. You think I’d learn, but I don’t).

I did this on line, expecting the certificate to arrive in a couple of days.

It didn’t.

I rang up, to check it had been sent, and they had no record. They couldn’t guarantee a replacement in less than 5 days – so much for ‘first class’ post!

I decided to have one final search, knowing that the original was going to be in the house somewhere.

I finally found it on top of a lot of magazines. Yes, it was in a ‘safe’ place. It just wasn’t one I thought of looking in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home