Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Friday, September 26, 2008

The 'Strictly' Season

It’s that time again. The nights draw in, and Saturday night becomes a night for watching TV and ignoring phone calls. Yes, Strictly Come Dancing started last Saturday.

As you know I got just a little bit obsessed last year, and I'm hoping that I won’t go the same way this year. It’s too early to judge yet, as I can’t have a favourite until I’ve seen a couple of dances. I don’t support people blindly, they do need to have potential. After all, last year it didn’t hit me until Week 5 when Gethin danced the foxtrot.

We’ve had the ‘boy’s week’ and the front runners seemed to be Austin Healey and Tom Chambers*. This week it’s the girls and it looks like Rachel Stevens and Lisa Snowdon are going to be good. Shame I don’t like either of their partners! The lovely Ian Waite has got the tallest girl again, and that’s rarely good.

All this, and there’s It Takes Two to catch up on every weekday evening. There’s a ‘Strictly’ programme on every day from now until the weekend before Christmas. And it’s actually quite scary to see it like that.

*who I will support as he's dancing with Camilla, and I'd like to see her get to the final

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home