Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Bad Idea Bears

Cat and I went to see Avenue Q the other Saturday, and were thus introduced to the Bad Idea Bears. We all have them, those bears that whisper in your ear that it’s a good idea to eat that extra piece of cake, and hang the diet, that you always need a new dress, and of course you should have another drink, and before you know it its ‘absinthe dacquiris’!

I was thinking of this when I was out on Friday. It was a ‘handbag walk’, though we’ve been struggling for where to go recently, because all paths seem to be waterlogged. So, after a trip to Brimham Rocks, we ended up in Pateley Bridge looking for a tea shop.

Of course, we looked at all the other shops too, and there were a couple of particularly nice jewellers. I went into the first one, tried on a few rings, but managed to resist. I looked in the window of the second, but didn’t go in. We went for tea, and shopped some more. I was looking in the second jewellers again when it began to rain.

‘I think that’s a sign we should head home’. But my Bad Idea Bear had other ideas.
‘No, it’s a sign you should go and try rings on’.

You’ve guessed it. I came out with a new ring. And very pretty it is too.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a very pretty ring and a good reminder of your uncle. You deserve it. j

 

Post a Comment

<< Home