Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, February 03, 2008

You know how I hold a grudge!

We’re sitting in Bobo Lobo, drinking Bellinis*, and reminiscing, as you tend to these days when a Griffin gig is on the horizon. Behind me, on the TV screen, the bar is showing ‘the 100 greatest love songs’, but with the sound turned off, as they’re actually playing latino music.

Suddenly Coza stops mid sentence.
‘Oh My God!’
‘What?’
‘Look!’

I turn round in my seat, and on the screen is the ‘artist’ who will always be known as ‘Bedingplant’. We can’t even hear it, but we both have the same memories, of an October evening, that will be 5 years ago this year..

‘I still can’t listen to it, you know. If it comes on the radio, I have to turn it off.’ Thankfully, this time, the bar have already done this!

*and very good ones they were too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home