Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Handbag Walks, part 3

Once again, we’re off walking. This time we decide to walk from J’s to the Designer Outlet, which, we realise later, is about 5 miles.

As we set off along the river, we muse that ‘our’ walking group would only suit certain people, as we’re not serious walkers at all. As we walk, the talk turns to shopping, and V and I decide that we need light walking jackets, (my experience a couple of weeks ago wearing a denim jacket and kagoul wasn’t pleasant), and I declare that I need a ‘walking’ handbag, as the others both have practical ones that you can wear over your shoulder, whilst mine is truly ‘a handbag’.

We arrive at the Designer Outlet, well, it’s time for coffee, of course, and then we 'do' the shops. V finds a nice light blue jacket, and persuades me that I should get the same, so we really do look like a ‘walking group’. I succumb. We then try and persuade J, and whilst she doesn’t give in, it’s clear she’s thinking about it. We move on, and I find the ‘walking’ handbag. Yes, there were some nice leather ones, but they were all over £40, and I’m not going to use it that much. I find one that’s black, and has a bit of sparkle on it – perfect! I also find a book on Shakespeare that I love so much I'm hugging it, but, because of the price, I leave it in the shop. (This doesn't mean I won't go back for it at some point!)

As we continue (stopping for lunch en route, of course) we soon realise that we’re not going to be walking back – not with everything we’ve bought, so we catch the service bus. I comment that our walks aren’t turning out to be exactly cheap!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home