Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Where do I begin?

So, first things first. I'm not really sure what all this blogging business is about. Oh, I've been reading some for about a year now, but I'm really not sure how to set this up, or how it works - hey, it's a computer thing, and with my track record, therefore it's likely to break down.

But, for better or for worse, (sharp intake of breath) I finally have my own blog! And I'm now faced with the challenge of how do you write that first blog entry?

Who am I? I'm Val, I live in the beautiful city of York, which I love, despite the ridiculous cost of parking. I work part time - which often stretches to almost full time, and try to achieve that infamous 'work-life balance' which seems to have me running round like a crazy thing trying to fit everything in. I finished Uni 4 years ago as a 'mature' student, with a student debt and a degree in Film, TV, Literature and Theatre Studies - the title is a bit of a laugh, as I spent the last year and a half primarily doing theatre, which I loved, and there it is stuck at the end of the list.

So the title - why 'Confessions of a Theatre Snob'? well, it's what I am, in my own small way. So, I love my theatre - Shakespeare, musicals, straight plays - I'll give most things a go, but just don't ask me to sit through Waiting for Godot again!

Next, ground rules - this isn't going to be about work, but about the other things in my life - and there are quite a few of them, and about my thoughts on life the universe and everything - yes, I'm also a bit of a sci fi fan.

What else interests me - well, music, books, good food, wine (I always feel in these things that I should mention some kind of sport, but then I'd be lying)

So, that's it, the first one done - my prologue, so to speak.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home