Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Monday, April 17, 2006

Bank Holidays

Odd days, aren't they - you don't know quite what you should be doing. I feel that I should 'do' something, but then can't face the fact that everywhere will be packed and I always seem to end up doing less than I intended, and that's certainly the case today. In fact, it was very much like a 'normal' Sunday (yes, I do know it's Monday) - a bit of shopping, a bit of housework, and a bit of tv.

I just caught the end of 'Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves', and revelled in watching Alan Rickman chewing the scenery and stealing the film from Kevin Costner. It's always annoyed me though with the American accents and the fact that they seem to get from Dover to Hadrian's Wall in a couple of hours.

As for Alan, well, he'll be back, as he's a bit of a hero of mine!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogosphere Val! looking forward to hearing your musings! what I actually came here to say was that I totally concur with your thoughts on Prince of Thieves, and it's not only the American accents, the British ones wander about all over the place too - Cockney Devonshire outlaws in Sherwood Forest? this Notts girl does not approve! but the most pressing concern is this; just how does Alan manage to be so very camp and so very sexy, all at the same time???

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

I'd forgotten how long it takes Alan to die in 'Robin Hood...'Seriously, it seemed like he was staggering around for at least ten minutes. But he was wonderful and I don't know why anyone would want Robin Hood to win.

And I totally would... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home