Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let’s just call it helping the economy!

For a woman whose income has reduced by half in the last month, I’ve been doing an awful lot of shopping. The trouble with the sales this year is that with 50%, or up to 70% off, some things become irresistible. In fact, unless something is less than half price, I don’t even look at it.

I made a start on New Year’s Eve, before a rotten cold floored me for a few days. ‘Party shoes’ – black, fabulous, and with heels so high, you can’t actually walk normally in them. They’re great shoes for standing around in, but not great for walking, and definitely won’t be good on York cobbles.

I didn’t actually buy anything in London, but made up for it in Birmingham on Friday and Saturday. More ‘party’ shoes, again black, with a killer heel, (is it possible to have too many pairs of party shoes? I doubt it.)

Today, I fell in love with more shoes – this time silver ones, in Office. While I was considering if I could justify another pair, when what I really needed was warm and sensible boots, I tried on a beautiful raspberry coloured dress.

Oh dear! I liked it, it was a ‘bargain’, I bought it. And I still have a further shopping trip to the Trafford Centre planned for Tuesday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home