Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Where I have another battle with technology

If you'd not realised by now, computers and other technical things don't like me, and I have absolutely no logic where they are concerned. It always seems to me that you need a degree in this stuff to be able to understand the instructions! Anyway, after umming and ahhing for a while, I gave in to the sales yesterday, and bought a dvd player, and an mp3 player (the fact that I went in for a clock radio, as mine failed to wake me up two days running last week, is beside the point).

It can't be too difficult, I thought, surely with the right leads I just plug it in...wrong!! So I sat there, in front of the tv, with dvd player plugged in, and connected up, dvd inserted, pressing buttons...nothing...it was on, the little drawer went in and out, but as for a picture, no. Did I have the right channel, should I have it switched to tv rather than Sky? Why don't they tell you the simple things like that? Eventually I gave up, and came to play withthe mp3 player - should be easy, just plug it into the usb port...nothing...installed some stuff off the cd...computer crashed...still nothing. Hmmmm!

So I asked around at work today if I was doing anything wrong with the dvd player? No, apparently it should come on straight away. Was it broken? How do I know, I just assume it knows it's me that's bought it, and decides not to work.

Back at home, I decide to try again...insert dvd...press a few buttons...nothing. Check the back...

The scart lead had fallen out of the back of the tv! Whoooohooo - I have pictures.

The mp3 player still won't download though. Oh well, one thing at a time!

3 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've discovered that in these situations it's always something to do with the SCART.

and I want an mp3 player! *goes off to pout about being poor*

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were really cheap in Currys - 60% off!
Of course the fact it doesn't work takes the shine off a bit.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Nic said...

worringly my first thought was, i bet she hasn't plugged in the scart...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home