Confessions of a Theatre Snob

Sunday, June 11, 2006

All the small things

It’s so hot at the moment, and I love it – why can’t summer be like this all the time? I love the sun on my back – it even makes me want to eat salad, but even more I want to sit by a river or better still, find a nice pub by the river…but instead, today, I went into town, and sat in one of the squares, at a pavement café, and drank peach tea, thinking that in just over two weeks time I’ll be in Italy. I also bought sun cream for my hols - as my hand hovered over the factor 4, I thought about being shouted at, by Cat, and by Corinne, and bought factor 15 (as well as 8). I will of course now have no tan at all!

I went shopping yesterday, just as the England game was on – I have never seen the shops so quiet on a Saturday afternoon – and this led to me buying two more new tops for my holidays – see, football has a lot to answer for!

I’ve finished ‘Order of the Phoenix’ and have moved on to ‘The Half Blood Prince’. I enjoyed OTP again, and had forgotten a lot of the story – I’d even forgotten about just how horrible Umbridge is, and how shockingly sudden Sirius’s demise is. It now seems a long time till the next book!

Dr Who – I haven’t blogged about it for a few weeks, but this series is just fabulous. This last two-parter raised lots of questions, but didn’t provide many answers, but in many ways was a celebration of being ‘human’. I think my favourite so far though is still ‘Girl in the Fireplace’. Once again, on ‘Confidential’, we were given hints that there’s going to be a very big finish to this series. It was good to hear ‘Torchwood’ getting a mention as well. It was also good to see Shaun Parkes, who plays Aaron in the Globe ‘Titus’, as the captain.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

Firstly - I'm glad to see you're taking some notice of Cat and I because - let's face it - factor 4 is just body lotion.

Secondly - I was trying to work out what my favourite episode was and I think 'Girl in the Fireplace' just edges it for me too. Honourable mentions for 'School Reunion', 'The Age of Steel' and 'The Satan Pit' though.

Thirdly - After what RTD said in Confidential I AM SCARED.

Finally - I realised the other day where else I'd seen Shaun Parkes (really I probably should have just read his bio); as Rocco in Casanova! Clearly if you're an actor the key to success is to get friendly with Russell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home